The student news site of Paul Kinder Middle School in Blue Springs, Missouri

Grizzly Gazette

A KC Christmas

Taylor Meng and Claire Campos

Christmas season is a joyous time of year and can be super fun, if you know where to go to have it. Since Christmas break is long so you may not always know how to spend your time. We can help. All over the KC metro area there are many things to do. Here are a few.

The Jackson County Christmas in the Park is a bright and fun place to go. See the over 3,000 lights and over 175 displays. This event is at Longview Lake Park, presented by Jackson County Parks and Recreation. They are celebrating the 28th anniversary. There is no cost to go to this light-palooza, although donations to local charities are appreciated. From now until December 31st feel free to swing by on Sundays-Thursdays at 5:30-10pm, and Fridays & Saturdays from 5:30-11pm.

Crown Center has the most abundant Christmas selections. There is a giant snow globe, a gingerbread house, and the mayor’s Christmas tree. On Sundays, they’re open from 12-6pm and Mondays through Saturdays they’re open from 10am- 9pm. There is also an ice skating rink! On Mondays through Saturdays, you can come from 10am-7pm, but on Sundays they are only open from noon to 6pm. Come check out these amazing events in a winter wonderland.

KC Nutcracker ballet has BRAND NEW choreography this winter! It is performing from now to December 24th. Weekdays at 7:30pm. Saturdays 2pm. Sundays 1pm and 5pm. It is located at Kauffman Center. The Kansas City Nutcracker is a sure way to get your Christmas spirits up.

The Kansas City Zoo is abundant with Christmas themed animal exhibits. These entertaining exhibits are a sure fire way to have a fun-filled break. There is Santa diving with penguins, lions and Christmas lights, and Nikita the polar bear’s going away party. Every day from 9:30am- 4pm, $6 for adult tickets, $5.50 for senior tickets, $5 children’s tickets 3-11, and it’s free if you’re under the age of 3, for more fun with animals. Check out the Kansas City Zoo website for more fun events and information.

There are so many exciting events just waiting around in the Kansas City area to explore. Come check out these events and much more, to have a KC Christmas!

• A KC Christmas

Showcase

Principal’s Day is Here

• A KC Christmas

Showcase

PKMS Teacher of the Year Honored

• A KC Christmas

Showcase

Club Green Cleans Up

• A KC Christmas

Showcase

Administrative Professional’s Day

• A KC Christmas

Showcase

Principal’s Day is Here

• A KC Christmas

Showcase

PKMS Teacher of the Year Honored

• A KC Christmas

Showcase

Club Green Cleans Up

• A KC Christmas

Showcase

Administrative Professional’s Day

• A KC Christmas

Spotlight

Student Spotlight: Naia Montgomery

• A KC Christmas

News

District Poetry Contest Winner

A KC Christmas