Grizzly Gazette

Hope For the Future

Donovan Andes, Staff Writer

A new medical discovery has been found recently, but this isn’t a normal discovery. It has been tested on multiple subjects with various diseases including Alzheimer’s. Most subjects reported major improvements and a few were completely cured. This test has been done on 3,000 people.

Scientists also believe they are on the brink of a cure for congenital deafness. Researchers have produced stem cells to correct the hereditary defect. They have found a way of growing human cochlear cells, which can be used to replace faulty ones in people deaf from birth due to a genetic error. They hope a treatment could be available to patients within five to 10 years. Having this would replace hearing aids and would probably just be given in pills.

Finally, a cure for people who are paralyzed has been tested on paralyzed monkeys and has helped them walk again The neuroprosthetic interface was used to form a wireless bridge between the brain and spine of the primates. At least two regained control of their limbs following the “brain-spine interface” being fitted. This could be a game changer for the future of humanity and science.

These potential future cures are only prototypes right now and most has not been tested on humans, but hopefully they can offer hope to those suffering from diseases at some point in the future.

Source: Mirror.co.uk

The student news site of Paul Kinder Middle School in Blue Springs, Missouri
Hope For the Future