The student news site of Paul Kinder Middle School in Blue Springs, Missouri

Grizzly Gazette

The Happy Elf

Emily Reed, Staff Writer

Hi! My name is Emily Reed, and I am an ensemble member in the Blue Springs City Theatre musical production “The Happy Elf.” The Happy Elf is an adult-and-kid-friendly musical about an elf that is . . . well . . . very happy. Eubie, the “Happy Elf,” along with his two best friends Hamm and Gilda, are desperately trying to get on Santa’s Sleigh Team, a group of three elves that will get to ride with Santa on Christmas day! But when Eubie makes his boss Norbert upset, he finds himself to be fired. But after a small meeting with the Pole Leaders, and after being assigned to the Naughty and Nice Department, Eubie, much to his friends’ regards, makes his way to Bluesville, the town whose people are only on the naughty list. Eubie tries to convince the Mayor and his wife to celebrate Christmas and be good, but all he can get to is Molly and Curtis. After traveling to the What Factory, a music shop, and to the feelings of Molly, one wrong mistake leads him to getting arrested. With help from his friends, Eubie is able to escape and make his way back to Bluesville, Hamm and Gilda tagging along. With Molly and Curtis, the trio are able to give Bluesville a Christmas scenery. But is that enough to get them on the Sleigh Team?

This musical is located in the “Drama Den” of Blue Springs High School. Ticket prices are $10 for adults and $8 for children (12 and under) and seniors (60 and up). You can buy your tickets at the website below. Performance dates: December 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th at 7:30 pm. December 4th and 11th at 2:00 pm. I look forward to seeing you there!

Website: www.bluespringscitytheatre.com

The Happy Elf