Grizzly Gazette

Notre Dame Cathedral Fire

Amelia Bales, Staff Writer

The Notre Dame Cathedral fire started on Monday, April 15, 2019. The cathedral was getting renovations at the time, and authorities believe that it was an accident, and a stray spark flew and hit just the right spot and the building just burst aflame. There are articles about the fire that say that a man ran inside this burning religious building and saved others, and in these articles, this man was depicted as Jesus Christ. There are also stories that say that pastors created a human chain to get some of the older artifacts out of the building. Firefighters were able to stop the fire, which had collapsed the roof, caught one of the towers on fire, and ruined half the stainedglass windows, and that was very important, because some of the formulas for the colors of glass are unknown.

The cathedral is 850 years old, and it is expected that it will take 40 more years to rebuild. But there is hope. Assassin’s Creed, the 2014 model, was set in Paris and Notre Dame. The game developer did a brick by brick model of the Cathedral, so the team trying to rebuild the famous building are using a video game to save this landmark. Only time will tell how successful the team ultimately is, however.

The student news site of Paul Kinder Middle School in Blue Springs, Missouri
Notre Dame Cathedral Fire