Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Kendall

Back to Article
Back to Article

Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Kendall

Emily Reed, Staff Writer

When I walk down the hallway, a teacher who catches my eye is Ms. Brooke Kendall. Ms. Kendall was born on March 1, 1991 to Sandra and Curtis Kendall (her favorite people ever), with an older brother, Zach. She grew up loving to be active, horseback riding, and hiking. She enjoys listening to the song Free Bird by Lynard Skynard, and her favorite singer, Janis Joplin. Ms. Kendall also loves watching horror and comedy movies, but never stick a chick flick in her face!

PKMS is the first school Ms. Kendall has ever taught at, and this is her third year of teaching. She teaches three classes: FACS of Life (sixth grade), Fashion 101 (seventh and eighth grades), and Bon Appetite (seventh and eighth grades). Her favorite class to teach is Bon Appetite, mainly because she is a big nutrition freak. She also loves teaching interior design (a unit in Fashion 101), and says that an interior designing class is what she said would teach instead of what she does now. Her favorite part of her job is simply her relationships with her kids, and she hates watching kids suffer.

Ms. Kendall also sponsors several clubs/extracurricular activities. Last year, she sponsored Fashion Club, a mainly student-led club where members could create fashionable items. This year, she’s been involved with FCCLA, girl’s volleyball, and girl’s basketball. This semester, she’s going to continue FCCLA and finish girls’ basketball. Though she hates when her students are disrespectful and think that they can do anything because they aren’t technically “in school,” she loves that it’s her club, and she’s proud of her kids and what she’s done. Though these activities put her under a lot of stress, Ms. Kendall understands that it’s a necessary stress, and she doesn’t mind putting up with it.

Ms. Kendall is an extraordinary person, and we are thankful for everything she has done for us.